04 Nov Avocado brownies
Avocado Brownies – Recipe by Maca bites one of our favorite cooks!
The combination of avocado and chocolate may sound strange, but I promise you that the flavor of the avocado is not felt and it adds a delicious texture to the brownies.
The key: use Hass avocado because with the big one they can be bitter.
Use good quality chocolate
– 100% cocoa. I used the one from @ equiori ♥ ️
– 100 gr small ripe Hass avocado (1 avocado)
– 115 gr ripe banana (1 banana)
– 1/2 cup of milk preferably
– 60 gr ground panela or sugar (6 tablespoons)
– 50 gr cocoa powder (1/2 cup)
– 120 gr oatmeal (1 cup) or whatever flour they have
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda – 80 gr chocolate chips (1/2 cup) + 20 gr extra to put on top
– 20 gr of cocoa nibs (optional) Pinch of sea salt
Preheat the oven to 176C.
Add the wet ingredients to the blender: the milk, the banana, the avocado and the panela.
Blend for a short time until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, sifted cocoa, bicarbonate and salt.
Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix gently.
Add the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate bar) and mix. Grease a dish (mine is 20cm x 20cm) and add the mixture.
Spread it well and add more chocolate chips on top and cocoa nibs.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Check at 20 if when inserting a knife, it comes out clean.
Let cool (important) and cut. I got 9 servings. I hope they do ♥ ️ ♥ ️ ♥ ️ #macabites